I have seen a big shift towards steam showers becoming increasingly popular as people discover the benefits they offer. Gone are the days when steam showers were only found in gyms and spas. Now, you can easily plan and install a steam shower in your own bathroom as part of a simple bathroom redesign. All you need is power, a water supply, a drain, and an enclosed shower space, preferably tiled.
So, what are the benefits of having a steam shower in your own home?
1. Relaxation and stress relief: The benefit most often reported by steam users is relaxation. The warm steam can help to relax muscles, relieve tension, and reduce stress. It provides a soothing and calming experience, allowing you to unwind after a long day.
2. Improved respiratory health: Steam showers are said to improve respiratory health. The steam can help to open your airways, making it easier to breathe. Which, in turn, can provide relief for those suffering from allergies, asthma, sinus congestion, and other respiratory conditions.
3. Detoxification: Steam showers can also promote detoxification by opening up your pores and inducing sweating. This helps to flush out toxins from your body, leaving you feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.
4. Skin health: The steam in a steam shower can do wonders for your skin. It helps to hydrate and moisturize your skin, leaving it soft and supple. The steam also helps to unclog pores and remove impurities, resulting in a clearer complexion.
5. Improved circulation: The heat could also help to increase blood flow and improve circulation. This can have a positive impact on your cardiovascular health and overall well-being.
6. Muscle recovery: If you engage in regular physical activity or workouts, a steam shower can aid in muscle recovery. The heat helps to relax and soothe sore muscles, reducing inflammation and promoting faster recovery.
I am often asked how to incorporate steam into an existing shower space, and it’s much more straightforward than you might think…
Firstly, you need to ensure you have a power source for the steam generator, a water supply, and a drain. Most bathrooms already have these in place, so it’s usually just a matter of connecting the steam generator to the supply.
Next, you’ll need an enclosed shower space. Ideally, this space should be tiled to prevent any moisture from escaping. Tiled walls and floors are also easier to clean and maintain in a steamy environment.
When it comes to choosing a steam generator, which requires a space measurement approximately 1m * 1m in a plant space, the best place to begin is Mr Steam UK. We sell a basic package consisting of the steam generator and the control which goes inside the steam shower. Additional features such as automated aroma, controlled by the steam controller is without question our most popular added feature. Picture a day when you’re full of cold and feeling congested, and hopping into your steam shower infused with mint or eucalyptus – it’s magic!
Once you have your steam generator, it’s time to install it. It’s best to hire a professional plumber to ensure proper installation. They will ensure that all the connections are secure and that the steam shower is functioning correctly.
The benefits of having a steam shower in your own home are numerous. From relaxation and stress relief to improved respiratory health and skin benefits, a steam shower can enhance your overall well-being. And with the ease of planning and installation, there’s no reason not to make your next shower a steam shower. So, go ahead and indulge in the luxury and health benefits of a steam shower in the comfort of your own bathroom.